Business Development RepresentativePermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22010132 Date posted 05/03/2022 Zip Code L7L 0C2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS Capital is the financial services branch of the company, established to meet the financial needs of businesses while accelerating money and goods through their supply chains. By combining financial services with all other UPS capabilities, UPS Capital creates a key link in the UPS global commerce synchronization strategy.
The UPS Capital Business Development Representative researches opportunities through lead database and data mining of UPS and other accounts to identify leads. He/She expands advanced BD opportunities by identifying customer needs, developing financial solutions for customers, obtaining customer commitment, and successfully implementing financial solutions. This position monitors and maintains account relationships to ensure seamless integration of new business and continued customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The UPS Capital Business Development Representative interacts with various sales resources (e.g., UPS, Supply Chain Solutions (SCS), external contact, etc.) to uncover new sales prospects
- He/She conducts prospecting meetings to qualify potential customers (e.g., identifies key decision-makers, assesses current supplier situation, analyzes financial status, etc.)
- This position conducts sales calls (e.g., face to face and phone) to C-level contacts to obtain customer commitment to use UPSC and UPS Portfolio of services
- Conducts sales presentations to communicate the benefits of doing business with UPSC
- Develops customer implementation timeline and action steps to ensure smooth implementation of UPSC products into the customer supply chain, including risk mitigation strategies with the customer and/or working with internal operational and security personnel
- Assesses customer’s needs, customer care requirements, and overall position in the buying cycle to determine sales opportunities
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages
- Assesses Business Needs: Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project
- Conducts Competitive Analysis: Demonstrates a basic understanding of competitor’s tactics, product/service offerings, and strategies; translates competitor performance and actions into implications for UPS
- Conducts Customer Analysis: Demonstrates some advanced knowledge of how to conduct customer analysis using common sources of information to identify customer facts and trends; collects standard research data about current and prospective customers with some guidance; identifies and develops lists of prospective customers; assists with identifying instances where customer needs or expectations are not being met; drafts promotions of products, services, and features based upon research with oversight from others
- Creates Account Strategies: Helps define and create specific documented account strategies; evaluates key financial indicators to establish account strategies; leverages sales and service resources to meet basic customer needs; recognizes overlap between customer needs and external industry trends
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information
- Solves Customer Problems: Recognizes when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to basic customer issues and recommends solutions
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Some travel required within Canada and the U.S.
- Experience in the insurance or logistics industry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Risk or Finance preferred
- 7 years previous sales experience
- Candidates must either have or are expected to obtain their level 1 RIBO (Ontario Insurance) license within 90 days from their start date (Internal/ External Candidates)
- Computer Skills, Microsoft Excel
Work location: 1022, Champlain, Burlington, ON - This role is a mix of working remotely, office and on the field.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.