Business Development SpecialistPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R21009324 Date posted 11/27/2021 Zip Code L7L 0A7
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This dynamic business development position is responsible for growing UPS Small Package business within the small business customer segment. We offer a competitive salary plus commission pay structure, with unlimited earning potential to recognize and reward strong performance.
Primary responsibilities include prospecting for new customers and building solid relationships with existing customers to retain and grow revenue within an assigned book of business. The successful candidate has exceptional relationship building and communication skills to effectively assess customer needs and present appropriate solutions to support revenue growth and retention of existing business.
As a trusted advisor, our Business Development Specialists research the competitive environment and uses product knowledge to generate creative and unique solutions to meet customer needs and business objectives, while assisting customers in navigating the ever-changing world of logistics.
- Prospecting for new clients to expand market share in the small business segment
- Respond to and resolve customer inquiries timely and effectively
- Develops strong relationships with existing customers to support growth and ensure a positive customer experience with every interaction
- Creates and positions compelling value proposals to potential and existing customers
- Participate in weekly team meetings and all training sessions
- Prior business development experience, specifically in the B2B segment
- Demonstrated revenue growth using various prospecting techniques
- Confident with strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience using Salesforce and MS Office, preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent, preferred
- Comprehensive training provided
- Team support environment with assigned coach and mentor
- A strong culture of promotion from within will support future personal and professional development
- Candidate has to be willing and able to commute to 4156 Mainway, Burlington, when required
- Compensation: $55,000+ ($39K salary plus at least $16,000 in commissions; unlimited commission potential [no cap])
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.