Distribution Supervisor IPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R21007115 Date posted 09/20/2021 Zip Code L7L 0A6
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position supervises many of the daily activities for an account, department, or station of a warehouse operation. He/She ensures performance goals are met, maintains inventory accuracy, adheres to quality standards, and effectively manages staff. This position supervises employees who oversee inbound flow, inventory control, and outbound flow activities. He/She manages operational efficiency and ensures work completion in an operational area.
- Ensures the proper flow of goods into and out of the warehouse.
- Schedules and allocates work to employees to ensure orders will be picked, packed and shipped in an efficient manner.
- Ensures returns are checked and stocked.
- Investigates and resolves shipment discrepancies.
- Maintains employees’ attendance records.
- Ensures compliance with employment standards legislation.
- Participates in improving the efficiency of the warehouse operations and overseeing the housekeeping of the warehouse (i.e. safety, security, machine maintenance, layout, stocking and inventory control of warehouse materials)
- Health & Safety knowledge of regulations and workers compensation processes
- Secondary school graduation - Required
- Minimum 1-2 years warehouse related experience
- Supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education, experience and training an asset
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good computer skills and experience in a technology-based radio frequency environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in the English language
- Bachelor's degree or International equivalent - Preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.