F&A ManagerPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22013760 Date posted 06/06/2022 Zip Code L7L 0C2
Primary Job Posting Location:Burlington, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
United Parcel Service of Canada is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and engaged Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager is responsible for improving the profitability of United Parcel Service of Canada by focusing on cross-functional engagements that are aimed at reducing cost, increasing revenue, and maximizing corporate assets. He/She facilitates district financial processes and supports consolidated corporate sites in traditional accounting activities (i.e., cost planning, payroll, billing, collections, cash on delivery, and procurement). The Finance Manager will have team oversight, managing supervisors, specialists, and/or administrative staff, and reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance.
Develops and Tracks Business Plans
- Conducts financial reviews of operations functions focusing on cost control initiatives.
- Develops and tracks district cost initiatives to support business plan goals. Tracks and evaluates balanced scorecard (BSC) results.
- Prepares action plans identifying specific cost elements to change, improve, or maintain.
- Evaluates cost drivers to properly manage expenses and promote cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to establish division and center level business plans and to provide Operations with plans to achieve financial targets.
Conducts, Audits and, Initiates Improvements
- Works cross-functionally with multiple departments (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Business Development, Quality, Human Resources, etc.) to ensure compliance with appropriate internal audit work papers.
- Implements controls and works to ensure compliance with US GAAP and local statutory requirements.
- Review audit results with district staff and champions to ensure compliance and develop action plans for areas requiring improvement.
Manages and Develops Others
- Manages resources and people processes to ensure the day-to-day administration of processes and formal procedures are adhered to.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides ongoing feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.