IE Specialist IIPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R20003466 Date posted 10/30/2020 Zip Code L7L 0A7
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now.Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for.
UPS Healthcare Canada is hiring an Industrial Engineering Specialist
UPS Healthcare, a Division of UPS, is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider offering a wide range of specialized Distribution and Transportation services in the healthcare sector. UPS Finished Goods, a Division of UPS, provides Third Party Logistics (3PL) Distribution and Transportation services in the Retail and Post Sales sectors.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
The Industrial Engineering Specialist drives continuous improvement in all areas of the business. You, as an IE Specialist, will work with multiple departments to develop, implement, and deploy operational processes and best practices in facilities across Canada. You will lead the planning and executing of implementations and initiatives that impact single clients in the warehouse, entire warehouses, of UPS SCS in Canada. This position will assist the Solutions, Operations, Building & Systems Engineering (Plant Engineering), and Quality departments in special reengineering or new projects, as necessary.
The successful candidate is able to work and engage constructively and effectively with peers, co-workers and cross-functional teams. The candidate is a driven individual who will search for process improvements, be able to convince stakeholders to adopt the changes, and want to see through development and implementation of their solution. The candidate must demonstrate strategic thinking, attention to detail, and is comfortable communicating complex ideas to audiences of varying ability. Experience with warehouse processes and systems will be considered an asset.
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary, stock purchase program
- Competitive pension plan
- Competitive benefits package including vision, dental, and extended healthcare coverage
- Career development and progression opportunities across multiple business units and geographies
- Conduct business in a professional manner that reflects leadership habits
- Implement Continuous Improvement projects to drive increased profitability
- Identify and quantify cost savings / continuous improvement / innovation projects
- Analyze data to determine optimal storage solutions
- Design layouts & processes
- Data management skills including analysis, information gathering, research, analysis
- Utilize AutoCAD to develop layout (facility, storage, processing area) designs to optimize for warehouse process efficiency
- Identify innovative solutions to solve operational inefficiencies
- Develop Work Measurement (WMT) standards
- Analyze data to determine required / optimal resources based on volume and WMT standards
- Analyze data to determine required / optimal MHE based on volume and WMT standards
- Analyze facility capacity and utilization trends for future planning needs
- Perform financial analysis to assemble business cases, cost justifications and requests for appropriation.
- Provides Support to Improve Logistics Operations
- Identify business needs and pilot new technologies to support transformation goals
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Independent and able to work with limited supervision
- Self-directed individual with a keen attention to detail.
- Set and meet aggressive goals
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and verbal reasoning abilities
- Working knowledge of project planning and management fundamentals
- Ability to coach and develop others
- MS Office suite including but not limited to; Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio
- Advanced Excel capabilities, including VBA
- Experience with 2D CAD software (AutoCAD LT)
- Apply logistics and supply chain knowledge
- Assess strategic business needs
- Ability to analyze Work Methods, Processes, Flows
- Design Work Methods, Processes, Flows
- Creation and analysis of Estimates and Forecasts
- Fundamental understanding of financial statements (P&Ls)
- Problem solving experience using lean or six sigma methodologies
- Working knowledge of Healthcare Warehouse distribution operations, processes, and systems
- Working knowledge of General Warehouse distribution operations, processes, and systems
- Working knowledge of GMP
- SQL experience
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor Engineering Degree from Canadian Accredited Program or international equivalent Preferred
- Management Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Systems Engineering disciplines preferred, other disciplines will be considered
- Work Experience: 1-2 years required. Logistics / Supply Chain Industry experience preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.