Profit and Data AnalystPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R21009456 Date posted 12/29/2021 Zip Code L7L 0C2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Profit and Data Analyst is an entry level position responsible for preparing financial models, process automations and profit analysis. He/she prepares financial and operating reports to provide a basis for management planning, pricing, and profit analysis. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualization. He/She should able to use the latest analytic tools and processes to automate business processes and increase efficiency.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Performs variance analysis to provide data for evaluating business result
- Working internally with the Pricing team to determine cost model issues
- Working internally with Operations to understand the inputs necessary to keep the Model current
- Conduct customers profitability studies
- Providing monthly financial reports to management
- Conduct statement category and account analysis to evaluate profitability
- Responds to ad hoc requests from cross-functional groups to provide analysis
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports reflecting performance results, gaps, and trend analysis to analyze district budgets
- Automate business processes and analytical systems to improve efficiency
- Identify trends and opportunities for growth/improvement through analysis of complex data sets
- Perform compliance audits on various business processes to validate best practices
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Practical experience in statistical analysis through the use of statistical packages including SQL, Python, Microsoft Access and Excel with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Prior experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Logical and efficient
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong customer service orientation
- Post-Secondary degree in Finance / Accounting / Economics / Statistics / Mathematics / Computer Science
- University Degree (preferred)
- 1-2 years as an analyst (preferred)
- Transportation industry (preferred)
- Must be able to train and work from 1930 Derry Road in Mississauga if needed
- Ability to work from home 2-3 days per week
Health and safety is our highest priority. UPS Canada is a federally regulated employer. The federal government has announced that it will propose regulations to make vaccination mandatory in all federally regulated workplaces in early 2022 Accordingly, you will be required to be fully vaccinated. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may request an accommodation due to a medical, religious, or other prohibited ground of discrimination as described in the Canadian Human Rights Act.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.