Sales Operations SpecialistPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R21007545 Date posted 10/07/2021 Zip Code L7L 0C2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position is responsible for providing executive support and generating reports as requested by Sales Operations. He/She ensures report data is accurate and increases the awareness of strategic account performance to stakeholders. This position documents and trains others on production of standard routine reports, solves business problems related to decision tools and reports, and actively develops and maintains a network of UPS contacts who can help solve problems.
- Conducts complex or atypical analyses as requested to support evaluation and planning.
- Improves and creates systems, methods and tools for conducting analysis.
- Identifies emerging trends in analysis for work methods, processes or flows.
- Determines criteria for analyzing work, processes or work flow for tracking/reporting purposes.
- Contributes to technology solutions for customer implementation.
- Keeps abreast of technologies that will improve internal and external processes to improve productivity.
- Provides district sales operations with technology solutions support.
- Reviews auditing of districts' sales processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Assists with completion of Business Process Reviews for corporate, region and district levels.
- Addresses and resolves issues affecting information systems reporting.
- Seeks innovative methods to minimize report generation.
- Optimizes existing report formats for best results.
- Works closely with the Region Sales Support Specialist on report consolidation.
- Serves as region subject matter expert for existing reporting tools.
- Acts as the departmental database and Structured Query Language administrator to ensure proper maintenance of BIA applications.
- Updates weekly activity reports to ensure accurate documentation of account volume and revenue.
- Attends department meetings to support internal communication and provide updates on projects.
- Performs regular application updates (e.g., directory updates, reports, etc.) to provide current information and enhanced functionality to the field.
- Prepares written information to Sales staff to inform them of district, regional, and corporate initiatives.
- Possesses advanced skills in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Internet, and SharePoint.
- Learns other applications quickly.
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Report Generation: Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a basic understanding of supply chain concepts; identifies issues within a supply chain
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment
- Strong Communication in English (oral and written)
- French is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including advanced level functions in Excel, Access
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or Information Technology - Preferred
- Experience with VBA - Preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.