UPS Healthcare Management TraineePermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22013854 Date posted 06/17/2022 Zip Code L7L 0A6
Primary Job Posting Location:Burlington, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Position: UPS Healthcare Management Trainee
Summary of Position:
Be a part of one of the largest supply chain organizations in the world to kickstart your career into a leadership role. Participants in the program will experience a series of cross-functional rotations including Operations, Transportation, Quality Assurance and Industrial Engineering. This will provide you with the opportunity to work in different roles and gain different experience within the Logistics and Distribution network. Each rotation will be approximately 6 months in duration and candidates will continue the rotation schedule across multiple functional areas.
What are the benefits of participating in the program?
- Expand professional network
- Build new skills and expertise
- Accelerated development of leadership competencies
- Senior level mentorship
What qualities are you looking for in the candidates?
- Eager to learn
- Adapts readily to change
- Innovative thinker
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Highly organized
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills
Why start your career with UPS Healthcare?
UPS Healthcare, a Division of UPS, is a Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider offering a wide range of specialized Distribution and Transportation services in the healthcare sector. UPS Finished Goods, a Division of UPS, provides Third Party Logistics (3PL) Distribution and Transportation services in the Retail and Post Sales sectors.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar organization by focusing on the goal of enabling global commerce. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global Third-Party Logistics (3PL) and Transportation provider. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to resolve operational problems
- Ensure compliance with written operating plan and procedures
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements, quality goals, service levels, inventory accuracy, and performance standards
- Develop and implement staffing requirements based on established standards
- Identify exceptions, formulate recommendations, and implements process improvements
- Consistently communicates new information and changes pertaining to processes, procedures, and policies
- Conduct job specific training of warehouse staff including ongoing training, education, and development
- Provide steady flow of information to management, customers, internal personnel, and direct reports as committed
- Ability to learn and apply original analysis work measurement
- Analyze procedures with regard to work measurement
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required – preferences for Engineering, Supply Chain, Science, Business degrees
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to set and meet aggressive goals
- Practical experience and working knowledge of supply chain distribution systems – preferred
- Practical experience using MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills - written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to travel within the GTA
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.