Warehouse Associate - MHEPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R21009480 Date posted 12/23/2021 Zip Code L7L 0A6
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Warehouse Associate II
A Warehouse Associate II impacts the organization by meeting specific operational key performance indicators. This experienced employee has a general knowledge of warehousing terminology and practices. This position is responsible for warehouse functions including, but not limited to, unloading, sorting, picking, kitting, packing, shipping and cycle counts and may be responsible for multiple accounts. The person in this position may use PC-based warehouse management systems to track packages, confirm shipments, print labels and perform inventory counts. The Warehouse Associate II may use RF Scanners, carts, pallet jacks and/or forklifts. This employee may have direct customer and vendor contact and works under supervision by the Warehouse Lead or Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and inspect inbound product according to the established SOPs.
- Put away product in correct location based on SOPs.
- Receive returns, count and confirm quantities, determine condition and complete paperwork (e.g., separate invoices and match to bills).
- Obtain orders, prioritize if necessary, and select products from the proper locations.
- Obtain and properly match up reprinted orders.
- Verify accuracy of orders picked, including product name and size, product code, lot number, expiration date, and quantity. Escalate concerns to Lead or Supervisor.
- Stage and securely pack product based on SOPs.
- Place the appropriate documentation with each order and ensure all cases are clearly labelled and accurately marked (e.g., pick/pack slips, refrigerate stickers).
- Arrange for pick-up of shipments, contact carriers for ETA, and coordinate schedule.
- Handle products and perform duties according to client procedures, GMP/SOP and government/compliance regulations.
- Palletize cases, wrap, and load skids onto trailers.
- Create shipping labels and other paperwork for parcels and LTL skid shipments (e.g., waybills, shipping manifests, shipping labels); maintain accurate shipping data in warehouse management system.
- Stage and coordinate outbound shipments.
- Safely operate various power equipment including, but not limited to, pallet movers, forklifts, reach trucks, and order pickers.
- Use RF Scanners to electronically scan barcodes.
- Enter inventory into warehouse management system, verify information accuracy, and perform scheduled processes (e.g., billing, reports, issue sheets) according to SOPs.
- Conduct physical inventory or cycle counts daily, weekly and/or monthly based on SOPs.
- Develop physical inventory plan, monitor physical inventories, identify all OS&D (over stock/shortages/damages), and report or correct any errors or discrepancies.
- Quickly respond (via email or phone) to customer/client inquiries, resolve problems, and communicate service issues to Supervisor.
- Compile daily and monthly client reports per SOP, including customer KPI reports.
- Encourage safe work practices in others, point out areas where safety training and enforcement is needed, and participate on Comprehensive Health & Safety Program (CHSP) committee.
- Ensure all equipment is in proper working order (e.g., counter balance/doors/docks/signal lights).
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Warehouse experience required.
- Comfortable working with heights
- Previous experience riding and operating equipment
- 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM (M-F)
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.