WMS Super User / WMS Systems Support Specialist / System Process Engineering SpecialistPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22026473 Date posted 11/04/2022 Zip Code L7L 0A7
Primary Job Posting Location:Burlington, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS Healthcare Canada is hiring a Process System Engineering (Tech Rep) Specialist in the Industrial Engineering department.
UPS Healthcare, a Division of UPS, is a Third Party Contract Logistics (3PL) provider offering a wide range of specialized Distribution and Transportation services in the healthcare sector.
The Process System Engineering Specialist is responsible for the optimization, configuration, implementation, support, and user training of our warehouse management systems (WMS). You will be responsible for the identifying WMS solutions along with testing, and implementation of new system functionality to meet our client’s business requirements and facilitate efficient warehouse operations. You will be responsible for reporting the financial impact of continuous improvement initiatives. You have responsibility for achieving your goals, and are responsible to develop yourself, to grow and prepare for advancement. UPS offers many avenues for development of our professional workforce and we will encourage the successful candidate to take advantage of these opportunities.
An ideal candidate is able to work and engage constructively and effectively with peers, co-workers and cross-functional teams. The candidate should be a driven individual who will search for process improvements, be able to perform analysis & design and implement the recommended solution. The candidate must demonstrate, attention to detail, and is able to communicate complex ideas to audiences of varying ability. Experience with warehouse processes and systems will be considered an asset, but not required.
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary and pension plan
- Competitive benefits package including vision, dental, and extended healthcare coverage
- Career development and progression opportunities across multiple business units and geographies
- Conduct business in a manner that reflects leadership habits and promotes UPS values of integrity, teamwork, quality and innovation.
- Implement WMS configuration optimization to deliver positive quality and financial results.
- New business implementation support. Participate in new client implementation business requirements gathering sessions. Translate and document contractual and business requirements into WMS configuration requirements to allow IT to configure the system to enable a successful implementation.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT). UAT planning, oversight and execution. Facilitate user acceptance testing with IT, Operations, Client and internal cross functional teams for material configuration changes, new functionality, and new business implementations.
- Test, and implement new WMS functionality improvement projects & initiatives to deliver positive quality, operational, and financial results.
- User Training: Conduct end user training on warehouse management system application functionality, optimal processes and best practices.
- Production support. Troubleshoot, root cause and resolve end user warehouse management application issues to ensure timely processing of volume and to support external service level commitments.
- Identify business needs and pilot new systems/technologies to support UPS transformation goals
- Design new and improved functionality.
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure Independent and able to work with limited supervision
- Self-directed individual with a keen attention to detail
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong quantitative and verbal reasoning abilities
- Technical aptitude
- Data management skills including information gathering, research, and analysis
- Independent and able to work with limited supervision and keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel capabilities are an asset
- MS Office suite including but not limited to; Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio
- Ability to coach and develop others
- Experience with SQL, VBA data language an asset
- Working knowledge of warehouse management systems
- SQL experience
- Working knowledge of Healthcare Warehouse distribution operations, processes, and systems
- Working knowledge of General Warehouse distribution operations, processes, and systems
- Working knowledge of GMP
- Experience with MS Project and Visio
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor Degree from Canadian Accredited Program or international equivalent preferred
- Mathematics, Business Information Systems, Information Technology, Business Administration
- Management Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science or Systems Engineering disciplines preferred.
- Other disciplines will be considered
- Work Experience: 0-2 years in Logistics / Supply Chain Industry preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.