Ops. Car WasherPermanent Primary Location: CALEDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22004800 Date posted 03/28/2022 Zip Code L7C 2L7
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
We are recruiting forPart-Time Car Washers. Car Washers are required to be at least 18 years of age and possess a current valid Ontario driver's license (G2 or higher).
This is a physical, fast paced job that requires both interior and exterior cleaning of the UPS vehicle fleet using hand held tools, including a long handled brush. Car Washers are required to position vehicles and, in some facilities, the ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle may be required.
The typical work period for Part-Time Car Washers is Monday through Friday, starting late afternoons or early evenings and working 3 to 5 hours per day.
This is a part time permanent position.
- Driving a regular van / truck
- Learning and properly executing UPS safe driving methods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work daily, Monday through Friday 6:00 PM to 10:00PM (shift is 3-5 hours daily). To be flexible to start early, if required. Shift hours may vary due to the changes in package volume.
- Minimum18 years of age
- Possession of a validOntario driver’s license (G2 or higher)
- Clean driver's abstract- No at fault accidents within the last 3 years; no moving violations within the last 12 months
- Pay rate of$17.80(starting base rate of 15.00/h and 2.80 hourly bonus)
- Unionized position with defined pay rate progression
- Health and dental benefits provided after one year of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per employee)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 500 Company
- Free parking
So what is UPS all about?
Well, you’re probably already familiar with us – we’re the brown trucks delivering everything from diapers and dish towels to holiday gifts and college care packages to life-saving medicines.
But we’re more than that. We’re also hardworking, efficient package handlers and friendly, focused drivers. We’re professionals working in finance, IT, engineering, marketing, and more. We are building our business ethically, safely, sustainably, and in an environmentally conscientious way. We are here to deliver what truly matters – to customers, communities, colleagues, the world, and you and your career.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.