Warehouse Worker (Evening Shift)Permanent Primary Location: CALEDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22011620 Date posted 05/12/2022 Zip Code L7C 2L7
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS we discover how we combine endless opportunities innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Package Handler’s position is a physical fast-paced and labor-intensive role within a warehouse environment that involves sorting/stocking packages as well as loading and unloading them into and out of UPS package delivery vehicles and trailers.
Job Type: Part-Time - Permanent
Work Location: 12424 Dixie Road Caledon ON
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Shift Start: 5:00 PM (3-5 hours per day). *Flexibility is required with the finish time (hours will vary based on work volume and operational needs)
Pay rate: Pay rate of $17.80/hr (base rate of $15.55 + an hourly bonus of $2.25).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Load and unload packages into package delivery vehicles and trailers
- Learn and properly execute company-established package handling methods
- Sort and stock packages based on postal codes
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance
- Full availability to work Monday to Friday (all five days of the week)
- Ability to read and memorize postal codes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment
- Comfortable working inside truck trailers and package delivery vehicles
- No prior experience required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay rate of $17.80/hr
- Automatic pay rate progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement (top rate: $25.41/hr after 48 months)
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $6000 per year + $300 for course materials (books)
- Extended health and dental benefits after one year of service
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 50 Company
- Free onsite parking
- Exposed to changing temperatures while working in a warehouse environment.
- In our industry, this position is also known as Warehouse Worker Warehouse Associate Sorter Loader/Unloader and Shipper/Receiver.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.