Auto Mechanic - 310TPermanent Primary Location: CALEDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID 060290 Date posted 03/14/2020 Zip Code L7C 2L7
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now.Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for.
UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions. At UPS we discover how we combine endless opportunities innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
- The Auto Mechanic is responsible for the inspection repair and maintenance and diagnostic tests of the UPS vehicle fleet.
- Job Type: Full-Time - Permanent
- Work Location: 2900 Steeles Avenue West Concord ON L4K 3S2.
- Workdays: Monday to Friday.
- Shift duration: 8:30PM to 5:00AM.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Repair inspect and maintain UPS diesel propane and gasoline vehicles in a regular and timely manner.
- Operate/test company vehicles within the UPS facilities.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs. without assistance.
- Able to operate manual (standard/shift stick) transmission vehicles.
- Able/willing to work evening and/or night shifts.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possession of a valid 310T certificate (license).
- Possession of essential trade tools and equipment.
- Possession of a clean driver’s abstract/record (must not be obtained more than a month ago before your interview date) showing:
- No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must pass a pre-employment medical and road tests.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $32.00 per hour.
- Weekly pay (every Friday).
- Automatic pay progression as per the existing union Collective Agreement.
- Paid vacation:
- 2 weeks after 1 year of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- 4 weeks after 10 years of service
- 5 weeks after 20 years of service
- 6 weeks after 25 years of service
- Group Benefits (Dental and Extended Medical)
- Pension Plan
- Immediate access to UPS Employee Discount Program upon hire.
- Education Assistance Program
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Opportunities for future growth within a Fortune 50 company.
- Mainly indoors (in a warehouse). Occasionally work outdoors.
- Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- Wear a UPS Auto Mechanic uniform and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
- No apprenticeship is available.
- In our industry this position is also known as Auto Mechanic Automotive Mechanical Technician or Automotive Service Technician.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.