Buildings and Systems Engineering ManagerPermanent Primary Location: CALEDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22020951 Date posted 09/07/2022 Zip Code L7C 2L7
Primary Job Posting Location:Caledon, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position oversees the day-to-day activities of the Plant Engineering (PE) function. He/She is responsible for cross functional interaction, process engineering, and overseeing and managing projects to ensure on time, on budget, and quality completion. This position manages facility maintenance and housekeeping operations, and facility legal and regulatory compliance. He/She oversees existing facility and equipment safety programs and monitors government regulation changes to the programs. This position oversees the deployment of Plant Engineering real-time applications and hardware for facility technology solutions and provides technical support between PE and Information Services. He/She oversees all aspects of procurement and installation of material handling equipment used in package sortation. This position coordinates construction and conveyor systems projects (e.g., overseeing bid packages and contractors, managing quality control, and ensuring the end result meets UPS standards and environmental compliance regulations).
- Responsible for maintenance of material handling equipment, the facility and fueling equipment through a team of BaSE Supervisors. These supervisors are in-turn are responsible for BaSE team including mechanics and other support staff.
- Works cross-functionally to identify and implement alternative processes that improve efficiency.
- Solicits and selects outside resources for equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
- Manages all aspects of procurement and installation of material handling equipment used in package sortation.
- Coordinates improvements and design standards of conveyor systems projects; investigates mechanical breakdowns (e.g., conveyor system failure, operator error, system design issues, etc.) to prevent productivity and efficiency deficiencies.
- Oversees the development, quality and implementation of training courses and materials (i.e., instructor-led or Computer Based Training [CBT]); conducts training using presentations, hands-on demonstrations, curriculum guides and testing materials.
- Ensures operational improvements and/or equipment repairs are carried out to improve efficiency of package flow and safety.
- Identifies or develops new solutions, products, or practices for UPS (Protocols, Platforms, Standards and Strategies).
- Manages vendor projects to ensure the given solution(s) aligns with the needs of UPS.
- Determines how to deploy solutions to the end-state for UPS.
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Engineering, or related area - required.
- Experience in facilities and/or industrial maintenance
- Staff supervision and management skills
- Experience: supervision of maintenance staff required – min 2 years, 5+ years preferred
- Project Management skills
- Project Planning skills
- Vendor/Supplier Management
- Experience developing facility layouts in AutoCAD (2D/3D) - Preferred
- Experience in Predictive Maintenance - Preferred
- Excellent communication skills and detail orientation
- Willing to travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.