Maintenance Mechanic - Caledon, ONPermanent Primary Location: CALEDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID 060611 Date posted 04/16/2020 Zip Code L7C 2L7
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now.Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for.
UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions. At UPS we discover how we combine endless opportunities innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
This position is responsible for a broad range of maintenance activities that are performed to keep UPS package handling facilities operating efficiently and effectively. The work is sometimes fast-paced and requires routine interaction with other hub employees.
- Job Type: Full-Time - Permanent
- Department: Buildings and Systems Engineering
- Work Location: 12424 Dixie Road Caledon ON L7C 2L8
- Workdays: Monday to Friday (flexibility is required to work occasional weekends and non-regular shifts) Available Shifts: Day/Night
- Work Hours: 42.5 hours per week
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Troubleshooting adjusting and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries control stations fuses motor starters relays switches and timers.
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors reducers drive chains sprockets sheaves pulleys rollers conveyor belts bearings and transfer plates.
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters air compressors lubricators hoses and coils.
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses fittings cylinders and pumps.
- Welding equipment such as hand rails conveyor supports package handling equipment carts and grating.
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors bulk carts and power industrial equipment.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Millwright Machinist Industrial Mechanic’s or Industrial Electrician’s License.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Welding experience (MIG TIG Arc or Oxygen-Acetylene).
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Proficiency in 3-phase motor and basic controls troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Ability to receive and give instruction over radio in industrial environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical power and control drawings.
- Good command of English (able to read write and speak).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of performing maintenance on conveyor belts.
- Knowledge of plumbing and building schematics.
- Knowledge of keyboard and basic computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $32.00 per hour.
- Weekly pay (every Friday).
- Automatic pay progression as per the existing union Collective Agreement.
- Paid vacation:
- 2 weeks after 1 year of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- 4 weeks after 10 years of service
- 5 weeks after 20 years of service
- 6 weeks after 25 years of service
- Group Benefits (Dental and Extended Medical)
- Pension Plan
- Immediate access to UPS Employee Discount Program upon hire.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Opportunities for future growth within a Fortune 50 company.
- Mainly indoors (in a warehouse). Occasionally work outdoors.
- Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- Wear a UPS uniform and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
- In our industry this position is also known as Millwright Mechanic Plant Mechanic Industrial Mechanic etc.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.