Maintenance Mechanic - Caledon, ONPrimary Location: Caledon, Ontario - CA Job ID 060611 Date posted 04/16/2020 Zip Code L7C 2L7
“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
This position is responsible for a broad range of maintenance activities that are performed to keep UPS package handling facilities operating efficiently and effectively. The work is sometimes fast-paced and requires routine interaction with other hub employees.
Job Type: Full-Time - Permanent
Department: Buildings and Systems Engineering
Work Location: 12424 Dixie Road, Caledon, ON, L7C 2L8
Workdays: Monday to Friday (flexibility is required to work occasional weekends and non-regular shifts)
Available Shifts: Day/Night
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Troubleshooting, adjusting, and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, and timers.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, air compressors, lubricators, hoses, and coils.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps.
- Welding equipment such as hand rails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, and grating.
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Millwright, Machinist, Industrial Mechanic’s or Industrial Electrician’s License.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Welding experience (MIG, TIG, Arc or Oxygen-Acetylene).
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Proficiency in 3-phase motor and basic controls troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Ability to receive and give instruction over radio in industrial environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical power and control drawings.
- Good command of English (able to read, write and speak).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of performing maintenance on conveyor belts.
- Knowledge of plumbing and building schematics.
- Knowledge of keyboard and basic computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $27.85 per hour.
- Weekly pay (every Friday).
- Automatic pay progression as per the existing union Collective Agreement.
- Paid vacation:
- 2 weeks after 1 year of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- 4 weeks after 10 years of service
- 5 weeks after 20 years of service
- 6 weeks after 25 years of service
- Group Benefits (Dental and Extended Medical)
- Pension Plan
- Immediate access to UPS Employee Discount Program upon hire.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Opportunities for future growth within a Fortune 50 company.
- Mainly indoors (in a warehouse). Occasionally work outdoors.
- Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- Wear a UPS uniform and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
- In our industry this position is also known as Millwright Mechanic, Plant Mechanic, Industrial Mechanic etc.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.
Contact: Camille Villanueva
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Jeff Baulne
Contact Email: email@example.com
Toronto Hub and West Ontario
Contact: Tahsin Sayed
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCS and Canada Freight Brokerage
Contact: Josh Daradick
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact: Rebecca Mbua
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Angeline Bartlett
Contact Email: email@example.com