PT BaSE SupervisorPermanent Primary Location: CALEDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22013551 Date posted 06/14/2022 Zip Code L7C 2L7
Primary Job Posting Location:Caledon, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Buildings & Systems Engineering Part-Time Supervisor assists with determining proper corrective action to be taken with damaged or worn equipment based on the history of breakdowns and discussions with the operations team to determine the most cost effective solutions. Assists with dispatching BaSE Mechanics to complete necessary conveyor system repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs), using Maximo to schedule work so the equipment runs smoothly and efficiently. Monitors status of repair and PMI updates daily to ensure timely completion of work. Assists with updating repairs and PMI database in Maximo by processing BaSE Mechanics’ timecards and completing PMI checklists so that the equipment is maintained at an optimal level and the facility is efficient.
Assists with conducting facility inspections and identifying operational improvements needed to promote efficiency of package flow and safety. The Buildings & Systems Engineering Part-Time Supervisor assists with determining proper corrective action to be taken with damaged or worn equipment based on the history of breakdowns and discussions with the operations team to determine the most cost effective solutions.
shift hours:3:30 AM -9:30 AM
Location -12424 Dixie Road, Caledon
Pay Rate -$25.40/hr
• Assists with overseeing the protection of physical assets, facility and equipment maintenance, and facility housekeeping to ensure a safe, clean, and efficient facility.
• Assists with identifying and scheduling necessary repairs and preventative maintenance, through the use of BaSE mechanics and outside vendors, to maintain the condition of the facility.
• Communicates assigned work status to colleagues to determine potential impact on the department's schedule.
• Assists with maintaining environmental compliance in accordance with UPS environmental programs (e.g., Storm Water, Clean Air, Hazardous Materials, etc.) to promote the environment and health and safety of UPS workers and the surrounding community.
• Delivers required regulatory training (e.g., Lockout Training/Hazmat Training) as directed, to BaSE and non-BaSE personnel.
• Working toward or obtained Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
• Working toward or obtained Advanced diploma in applied science - Preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.