UPS Warehouse Yard Crew - Early Morning ShiftPermanent Primary Location: CALEDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22019776 Date posted 08/21/2022 Zip Code L7C 2L7
Primary Job Posting Location:Caledon, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS we discover how we combine endless opportunities innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Yard Crew employees are responsible for stacking skids and maintaining the cleanliness of the inside of UPS trailers and surrounding work areas.
Job Type: Part-Time - Permanent
Work Location: 12424 Dixie Road, Caledon ON L7C 2L7
Workdays: Monday to Friday
We have multiple shifts available as per below. Start and end times may vary based on work volume.
02:00am start – 3-5 hours per day
04:00am start – 3-5 hours per day
05:00pm start – 3-5 hours per day
07:00pm start – 3-5 hours per day
Shift Duration: Shift averages 3-5 hours a day, but hours, start times/finish times may vary with operational need. Flexibility required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Adhere to and follow the company-established safety rules and procedures.
- Learn and properly execute company-established package handling methods.
- Stack skids and clean the inside of company trailers.
- Maintain the surrounding work areas.
- Checking every equipment in the yard to verify its content. Includes 5 tonnes.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance
- Full availability to work Monday to Friday (all five days of the week)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment
- Comfortable working inside truck trailers and package delivery vehicles and staying longer than the usual shift hours depending on the operational needs and shipment volume
- Capability to operate machinery related to the position
- Warehouse experience (would be considered an asset)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay rate of $17.80/hr (base rate of $15.55 + an hourly bonus of $2.25)
- Unionized position with automatic progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement (top rate of $25.41/hr in 48 months)
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2000 per semester + $300 for course materials (books)
- Health and dental benefits after 12 months of employment (commences on the first day of the month after meeting the requirement)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per referred Package Handler)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Flexible in working in any weather conditions
- Exposed to changing/extreme temperatures while working in a warehouse environment and/or outdoors.
In our industry, this position is also known as Yard Worker Yard Check Yard Laborer or Yard Attendant.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.