Vehicle Shifter - Shift 12 noon to 5 PMPermanent Primary Location: CALEDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22020957 Date posted 09/07/2022 Zip Code L7C 2L7
Primary Job Posting Location:Caledon, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position performs the coupling and uncoupling of tractor trailers. This position moves and maneuvers tractor trailer equipment into position for the tractor trailer and package handling operations. This position may include other work as directed.
- Prepares work zone with suitable equipment in accordance with current guidelines.
- Assists with organizing specified set-up.
- Unloads incoming packages manually or using a machine.
- Checks the quantity and condition of delivery units.
- Scans packages using the correct equipment.
- Sorts packages according to the defined processes (UPS department, destination, etc.) then stores them in the areas provided according to categories.
- Fills out documentation or records and validates information on the appropriate media.
- Repositions vehicles according to the established dock plan.
- Cleans work environment during or after operations.
- Reports any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Possession of a valid Ontario G driver’s license
- Knowledge of package handling principles
- High school diploma, GED, or International equivalent
- 2 years' experience driving vehicles - Preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay rate of $17.80/hr
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $6000 per year + $900 for course materials (books)
- Extended health and dental benefits after one year of service
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 50 Company
- Free onsite parking
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.