Air Cargo ScreenerPermanent Primary Location: CALGARY, Alberta - Canada Job ID R22027010 Date posted 11/24/2022 Zip Code T2E 8Z9
Primary Job Posting Location:Calgary, Alberta Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Job Location: UPS located at the Calgary International Airport - 22 Aero Dr. NE., Calgary, Alberta, T2E 8Z9
Work days: Monday - Friday (5 days a week)
Scheduled Shift: 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM (3-5 hour shifts)
Job Description Summary:
The Security Screener is responsible to follow all requirements as described in the local aviation security master operating plan and any local regulations. Security Screeners may be called upon to fulfill Alternate Facility Security Coordinator duties when required. This position will require to use equipment and follow guidelines for screening as described in the Aviation Security master operating plan.
- Responsible for ensuring all UPS packages are screened
- Responsible for ensuring only authorized personnel enter screening area
- Responsible for maintaining detailed and accurate documentation
- Work within a time-sensitive and fast paced warehouse environment
- Monthly training requirements
What UPS can offer:
- $15.55 / per hour to start
- Merit increases once a year
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Health, dental, and vision care benefits after 60 days
- Immediate access to employee discounts
- Promotion from within - Career opportunities both part time and full time management within Canada.
- Mandatory enrollment in defined company pension plan (DCPP) following 1 year of employment
- On the job training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with MS Office applications
- Previous law and security education or experience an asset
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs and work in a fast paced environment
- Positive attitude and have ability to work in a team environment
- Criminal background record check. In addition UPS will conduct previous educational/employment 5 year history check.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.