Maintenance Mechanic (Permanent - Full Time)Permanent Primary Location: Calgary, Alberta - Canada Job ID R21008002 Date posted 10/29/2021 Zip Code T1X 0L4
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS is hiring an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) to support the package sorting system, including belt conveyors, at our Calgary airport facility. This position might also be known as a maintenance mechanic, or plant mechanic.
This position is responsible for a broad range of maintenance activities that are performed to keep UPS package handling facilities operating efficiently and effectively. The work is sometimes fast-paced and requires routine interaction with hub operations employees.
- Job Type: Full-Time - Permanent
- Department: Buildings and Systems Engineering
- Work Location: 22 Aero Drive, Calgary AB
- Workdays: Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4pm (flexibility is required to work occasional weekends, non-regular shifts during peak season of late Nov through to Christmas eve, and emergency call-ins)
- Average work Hours: 42.5 hours per week with potential for overtime
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings and transfer plates.
- Troubleshooting adjusting and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches and timers.
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, air compressors, lubricators, hoses and coils.
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders and pumps.
- Welding equipment such as hand rails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts and grating.
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Red Seal Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certification of Qualification
- Minimum 3 years of post-apprenticeship experience performing maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Ability to receive and give instruction over radio in industrial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting skills
- Experience of performing maintenance on conveyor belts.
- Knowledge of plumbing and building schematics.
- Knowledge of keyboard and basic computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Weekly pay (every Friday).
- Automatic pay progression as per the existing union Collective Agreement.
- Paid vacation:
- 2 weeks after 1 year of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- 4 weeks after 10 years of service
- 5 weeks after 20 years of service
- 6 weeks after 25 years of service
- Group Benefits (Dental and Extended Medical)
- Pension Plan
- Immediate access to UPS Employee Discount Program upon hire.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Opportunities for future growth within a Fortune 50 company.
- Mainly indoors (in a warehouse). Occasionally work outdoors.
- Exposed to hot/cold exterior temperatures when working outdoors.
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now. Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for. UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions. At UPS we discover how we combine endless opportunities innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.