Administrative/Dispatch AssociateTemporary Primary Location: CONCORD, Ontario - Canada Job ID R23007281 Date posted 05/01/2023 Zip Code L4K 3S2
Primary Job Posting Location:Concord, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This night position dispatches drivers with loads, coordinates overflows, and verifies driver's hours of service. He/She manages Yard Control duties, assigning trailer movement to shifters around the yard and in the unload during the sort with multiple shifters.
Location: 2900 STEELES AVENUE WEST, CONCORD, ON L4K 3S2
Shift Hours: Monday to Friday-3:00pm - 11:30pm (flexibility required with start and finish time)
- Dispatches loads throughout the country in the feeder network based on different service levels, time in transit, and sort indicators.
- Answers telephone, keys data, files, etc.
- Tracking Trailers & Equipment using internal systems
- Communicating with UPS drivers and external carriers
- Dispatching UPS drivers
- Maintaining yard inventory
- Resolving customer complaints
- Running a variety of report
- Performs various other tasks as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
- High school diploma, GED, or International equivalent
- Data entry skills (Required)
- Dispatch experience (Required)
- Effective oral/written communication, problem solving, basic research, and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Accurate and rapid data entry
Compensation and benefits
- $18.64 per hour, a 6-month increase (once) & 12 months’ merit increases (annual appraisals)
- Extended Health & Dental benefits for employee and family: Effective 1st of the month following 3 months of service
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation after 1 year of service (3 weeks after 5 years, 4 weeks after 10 years, 5 weeks after 20 years, 6 weeks after 25 years)
- 5 personal days after 60 days’ initial probation
- Weekly payments/direct deposit – every Friday
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.