BaSE SupervisorPermanent Primary Location: CONCORD, Ontario - Canada Job ID R21005725 Date posted 09/01/2021 Zip Code L4K 3S2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position assists in determining proper corrective action to be taken with damaged or worn equipment based on the history of breakdowns and discussions with the operations team to determine the most cost effective solutions. He/She assists with dispatching PE Mechanics or outside contractors to complete necessary conveyor system repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs). This position monitors status of repairs and PMI updates daily to ensure timely completion of work. He/She assists conducting facility inspections and identifying operational improvements needed to promote efficiency of package flow and safety.
- Assists with overseeing the protection of physical assets, facility and equipment maintenance, and facility housekeeping.
- Assists with identifying and scheduling necessary repairs and preventative maintenance using PE mechanics and outside vendors to maintain the condition of the facility.
- Communicates assigned work status to colleagues to determine potential impact on the department's schedule.
- Assists with maintaining environmental compliance in accordance with UPS environmental programs (e.g., Storm Water, Clean Air, Hazardous Materials, etc.) to promote the environment and health and safety of UPS workers and the surrounding community.
- Delivers required regulatory training (e.g., Lockout Training/Hazmat Training) as directed, to PE and non-PE personnel.
- Manages projects through the entire life cycle, from initiation with the preparation of the business case and cost estimate, through completion by preparing RFP's, selecting contractors and supervising while execution is taken place.
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent in Engineering - Preferred
- Programming experience including troubleshooting, basic understanding of networks, motor control theory, and operation including basic AC and DC electrical troubleshooting - Preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and simple diagrams
- Knowledge of PLC’s and electrical controls would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Availability to work flexible shift hours, up to 5 days per week
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.