Car Washer - Night ShiftPermanent Primary Location: CONCORD, Ontario - Canada Job ID 062927 Date posted 08/26/2020 Zip Code L4K 3S2
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now.Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for.
“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.” At UPS we discover how we combine endless opportunities innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Position Summary: This position involves washing cleaning and detailing UPS delivery vehicles within the UPS facility and the warehouse yard area.
Job Type: Part-Time - Permanent Work Location: 2900 Steeles Avenue West Concord ON L4K 3S2. Workdays: Monday to Friday Shift duration: 11:30PM to 4:30AM (3-5 hours per day) *(Flexibility is required with both the start and finish times)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drive the UPS delivery vehicles through the car wash
- Thoroughly clean/detail the inside of the UPS delivery vehicles
- Learn and properly execute company established safe driving methods
- Fill/re-fill fuel and other vehicle fluids as necessary
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid Ontario G/G2 Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract showing:
No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- Full availability to work Monday to Friday (all five days of the week)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment
- Comfortable working inside truck trailers and package delivery vehicles and staying longer than the usual shift hours depending on the operational needs and shipment volume
- Tractor trailer experience (would be considered an asset)
Compensation and Benefits:
- $14.00/hr and automatic progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement
- Health and dental benefits after 12 months of employment (commences on the first day of the month after meeting the requirement)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per referred Package Handler)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Monthly union dues (approximately $40/month)
- A union initiation fee of $50 (will be deducted after completing 90 working days with UPS)
- A criminal background check fee of $20.50 (will be deducted from your Human Resources Orientation pay and reimbursed after 90 working days with UPS)
- Exposed to changing temperatures while working in a warehouse environment.
- In our industry this position is also known as Vehicle Washer or Car Wash.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.