Health & Safety SpecialistPermanent Primary Location: CONCORD, Ontario - Canada Job ID R23005207 Date posted 03/22/2023 Zip Code L4K 3S2
Primary Job Posting Location:Concord, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The WCB/CNESST Specialist provides case management services on occupational injury claims. He or she is responsible for monitoring and managing injury claims from initial reporting to the early and safe to work employee. Provides guidance and support for external and internal customers to assist in successful return to work. Works with internal vendor to ensure case management processes are implemented to bring files to closure and ensure compliance with legal parameters of health and safety. Liaise with the Insurance carriers, external vendors, health professionals and Centre/Operations to foster collaborative relationships and information gathering and dissemination. Participates in return-to-work meetings, worksite assessments, coordination of medical assessments, representation in legal proceedings as a subject matter expert and Division case reviews. Maintains injury data base and documentation of files.
- GSHMRIS data management – injury for Quebec, Atlantic, Alberta,
- Manitoba, Saskatchewan, New-Brunswick, Newfoundland, and Labrador,
- Prince-Edward-Island, Nova Scotia.
- Review Division reports, open claims – review and update into journal notes, create action plans, update medical information
- Review claims for first 14 days checks.
- Review for suppression and lost time conversions
- GSHMRIS injury changes
- Decision letters, review medical reports
- Permanent impairment/accommodation
- Communication with CNESST /WCB,
- Vendor communication /monitor – case reviews
- Cost analysis /determine appeals strategy /Actions/next step to be taken in claims
- Operations Support – information gathering, target action steps
- Hearings – Tribunal representation, prep files for legal, case review /file reviews
- Settlement reviews – preparing cheques
- Worksite visit – ergonomic reviews with assessors (phone or on site)
- Return to work meetings – with vendor, operations, and employee
- Completing TAW forms and coordinate modified work with Operations.
- IME – coordination /administration
- IME invoice /vendor payment – expertise services
- Conference Calls /meetings with Vendor and Divisions
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal people skills
- Varied work experience- union /nonunion
- Good problem solving and analytical ability
- Proficient in computer skills. Word, Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to prioritize and time manage
- Bilingual in French /English
- Good knowledge of case management process /procedures
- Good knowledge of Workers’ Compensation legislation, CNESST
Academic Preparation and Relevant Work Experience:
- University or College degree in HR, Health and Safety, Disability Management
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in case management, disability / injury management /health related field,
Work location: 1221 32nd avenue, Lachine, Quebec
Salary: $24.70 - $31.25 (Negotiable)
Work shift: Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.