Vehicle Shifter/Shunter(8PM start)Permanent Primary Location: CONCORD, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22000090 Date posted 01/07/2022 Zip Code L4K 3S2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position performs the coupling and uncoupling of tractor trailers. He/She moves and maneuvers tractor trailer equipment into position for the tractor trailer and package handling operations. This position may include other work as directed.
Job Type: Part-Time - Permanent
Work Location: 2900 Steeles Avenue West, Concord, ON L4K 3S2.
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Shift Start: 8 PM (3 to 5 hours)
- Move/shift Company vehicle within a defined area.
- Adhere to and follow company established safety rules and procedures.
- Follow and execute company-established safe/defensive driving methods.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid Ontario G2/G Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract showing:
a) No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3-year period (last 36 months)
b) No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3-year period (last 36 months)
- Full availability to work Monday to Friday (all five days of the week)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment and staying longer than the usual shift hours depending on the operational needs and package shipment volume
- Ontario AZ Driver’s License and/or Tractor-Trailer experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to lift and push up to 75 pounds.
- Able to assist with extra weekend work occasionally.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $16.10/hr (base rate of $14.25 + an hourly bonus of $1.85) and automatic progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement
- Health and dental benefits after 12 months of employment (commences on the first day of the month after meeting the requirement)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per referred Package Handler)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Monthly union dues (approximately $40/month)
- A union initiation fee of $50 (will be deducted after completing 90 working days with UPS)
- A criminal background check fee of $20.50 (will be deducted from your Human Resources Orientation pay and reimbursed after 90 working days with UPS)
- Exposed to changing/extreme temperatures while working in a warehouse environment and/or outdoors.
- Working in loud environments.
Health and safety is our highest priority. UPS Canada is a federally regulated employer. The federal government has announced that it will propose regulations to make vaccination mandatory in all federally regulated workplaces in early 2022 Accordingly, you will be required to be fully vaccinated. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may request an accommodation due to a medical, religious, or other prohibited ground of discrimination as described in the Canadian Human Rights Act.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.