Feeder Operations Admin Assistant - YVR LocationPermanent Primary Location: DELTA, British Columbia - Canada Job ID R21005485 Date posted 07/02/2021 Zip Code V3M 5R9
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position assists and reviews UPS Small Package dispatch activities to ensure timely and proficient service. The Feeder Admin Assistant provides support with dispatch planning and ensures service, safety, and cost goals are met. This position assists dispatch operations and coordinates with others to ensure dispatch plans are executed efficiently, adequate staffing is provided, and equipment levels are sufficient for transportation needs.
The Feeder Admin Assistant supports the Feeder Supervisor in load/tractor planning and assignments, monitors load movement, and tracks the condition of equipment. The position assists Feeder Operations in overseeing yard operations, coordinating drivers with load volume, confirming trailer inventory and ensuring trailers are in the correct locations and loaded or empty as planned. To ensure trailer inventory and location on the yard, the Feeder Admin Assistant will spend part of the shift to be on the yard to physically verify the equipment and their location.
Dispatch office administrative work is essential to this position. This will include answering of driver queries, answering phones and radios, receiving of invoices, generation of standard reports and all other work as assigned by the Feeder Operations Supervisor.
This position will be based out of the Vancouver Hub Facility on 5960 Ferguson Road, Richmond BC.
Shift: Monday to Friday, 9:30PM - 3:30AM
- Assists in controlling trailer movement On and Off the UPS yard as the operation is running.
- Provides the Feeder Supervisor all the driver hours to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assists in conducting hazardous materials audits and review safety reports.
- Verifies appropriate driver uniforms.
- Assists the Feeder Operations in determining employee training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Assists the Feeder Supervisor in conducting performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues.
- Must be available for work Monday to Friday (9:30PM - 3:30AM next day)
- Able to work part of the shift in the UPS yard, in all weather conditions
- Strong communication skills
- Must be comfortable in creating standard spreadsheet reports
- Availability to work flexible shift hours, up to 5 days per week
What we offer
- Training and Development: Training provided for all positions
- Weekly Compensation: Weekly pay
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Generous Benefits Package: Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- DC Pension Plan
- Promotion from within: Career advancement in many areas of the business
- Employee discounts: Employee discounts available online through UPSers.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.