PT - Afternoon Warehouse ClerkPermanent Primary Location: EDMONTON, Alberta - Canada Job ID R23001016 Date posted 01/23/2023 Zip Code T5M 4A9
Primary Job Posting Location:Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position enters billing and address information into the UPS system and complete various administrative tasks within the clerical department.
Responsibilities may include:
- Delivers outstanding customer service to customers and telephone inquiries by finding and processing DCR/DCOs requests (including those with an ICN)
- Operation of material and package handling equipment
- Answers center phone and helps resolve package concerns
- Receiving and accepting parcels and packages for exception processing including:
- Research and update the DIS labels
- Resolve any ECS packages that can be fixed using DA system
- Research mislabeled packages
- Calling customers to validate address corrections
- E2DC corrections live for delivery same-day
- Damage Inspections of damaged packages
- Damage reports
- Sort, scan, label and secure parcels and packages on shelves for holds and inventory
- This includes processing the opening and closing of ERN (International) packages
- Processing/releasing futured packages for next delivery date
- Pulling and sending back expired hold and will-call packages
- Processing expired COD packages
- Skid and shrink wrap shipments awaiting resolution
- Putting packages on pallets or belts for sorters to scan and load to package cars, trailers and UPS aircraft
- Ability to maneuver packages up to 150-lbs with assistance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse and package dispatch operations environment
- Excellent Microsoft office skills;
- Operates all equipment, software, and devices and trains others.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
- Moves skids of packages to different areas
- Communicates with OMS/Supervisors any issues
- Shift: Monday-Friday // 12PM start. *Shift end times may vary depending on operational requirements - however most shifts are generally 3-5 hours per shift.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work that may be applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- High school diploma, GED, or International equivalent
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 70+ lbs./32+ kgs.
- Ability to search for addresses on Google Maps or equivalent software to print.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.