Full Time Automotive Technician - KamloopsPermanent Primary Location: KAMLOOPS, British Columbia - Canada Job ID R22017735 Date posted 08/12/2022 Zip Code V1S 1S4
Primary Job Posting Location:Kamloops, British Columbia Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions. At UPS we discover how we combine endless opportunities innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Auto Mechanic is responsible for the inspection repair and maintenance and diagnostic tests of the UPS vehicle fleet.
Job Type: Full-Time - Permanent Position (with guaranteed wage progression)
Work Location: Kamloops, British Columbia
Workdays: Monday to Friday.
Shift duration: 5:00PM to 1:30AM.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Repair inspect and maintain UPS propane and gasoline vehicles in a regular and timely manner.
- Operate/test company vehicles within the UPS facilities.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Able/willing to work evening and/or night shifts.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possession of a valid Red Seal (license).
- Possession of essential trade tools and equipment.
- Possession of a clean driver’s abstract/record (must not be obtained more than a month ago before your interview date) showing:
- No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must pass a pre-employment road tests.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $41.60* per hour
- Unionized role with a defined benefit pension plan
- Weekly pay (every Friday).
- Paid vacation:
- 2 weeks after 1 year of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- 4 weeks after 10 years of service
- 5 weeks after 20 years of service
- 6 weeks after 25 years of service
- Group Benefits (Dental and Extended Medical)
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Immediate access to UPS Employee Discount Program upon hire.
- Education Assistance Program
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Opportunities for future growth within a Fortune 50 company.
- Mainly indoors (in a warehouse or shop). Occasionally work outdoors.
- Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- Wear a UPS Auto Mechanic uniform and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
- No apprenticeship is available.
*Conditions apply. Current effective wage is based on regular wage plus rate premiums. Speak with our Talent Acquisitions team on the details of these rate premiums.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.