Automotive TechnicianPermanent Primary Location: KITCHENER, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22017574 Date posted 09/13/2022 Zip Code N2E 1X1
Primary Job Posting Location:Kitchener, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position maintains a diverse range of equipment including delivery vehicles, heavy duty machinery, on road tractors, and trailers from a variety of manufacturers. This position troubleshoots and maintains/repairs various systems including hydraulic brakes, air brakes, electronics, and engines. This position performs other tasks as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Repair inspect and maintain UPS diesel propane and gasoline vehicles in a regular and timely manner.
- Operate/test company vehicles within the UPS facilities.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Able to operate manual (standard/shift stick) transmission vehicles.
- Able/willing to work evening and/or night shifts.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possession of a valid 310T or 310S certificate (license).
- Possession of essential trade tools and equipment.
- Possession of a clean driver’s abstract/record (must not be obtained more than a month ago before your interview date) showing:
- No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must pass a road test.
$35/hour ($31 regular rate + $4 hourly bonus)
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.