Application Development ManagerPermanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R23007372 Date posted 05/10/2023 Zip Code H8T 3H2
Primary Job Posting Location:Lachine, Quebec Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position leads the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. He/She is involved in full systems life cycle management (i.e., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, and implementation of systems and applications software) delivered on time and within budget. This position participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. He/She develops and leads AD project plans and integrations and collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies. This position is responsible for the work of others, resource allocations, and decision-making affecting the success of assigned projects (i.e., results, deadlines, and budget). He/She provides consultation, training, and subject matter expertise for applications’ development, maintenance, and support.
Must have for this role:
- Unidata database, UniBasic,VB, C, C++, Java, Node JS, Python
- Manages Information Systems projects.
- Manages system analysis and design.
- Manages design and development of applications.
- Manages creation of application documentation.
- Guides system integration.
- Manages applications' maintenance and support.
- Evaluates and monitors emerging technologies and products.
- Manages and develops others.
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 10 years + in a similar role
- Customs Brokerage Knowledge.
- Agile Project Management Framework
- Azure DevOps
- Server Admin, Linux, Shell scripting.
- Hybrid model.
- Work location could be in Montreal 1221, 32nd Avenue, Lachine, Quebec or 4156 Mainway, Burlington, Ontario.
- If Burlington travelling will be required
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive total compensation package including:
- retirement savings plan
- UPS Stock Purchase Plan
- Reimbursement of your tuition fees
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Discretionary days + annual vacation + Floater days
- Variety of discounts at certain suppliers for our employees, you are eligible as soon as you are hired.
- Development and career progression opportunities
Competitive benefits coverage and even some premiums paid entirely by the employer which includes:
- Life insurance for you and your family
- Variety of specialists: Osteopath, Naturopath, Masseur, Acupuncturist, Speech therapist, Dietitian, Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Psychologist, Social worker, etc.
- Emergency travel assistance for you and your family
- Medical services and supplies such as ambulance, hearing aids, orthopedic shoes, etc.
- Vision care, including eye exam, glasses or contact lenses
- Dental services including orthodontics
- Short and long term disability program
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.