Automation Specialist; Buildings & Systems EngineeringPermanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R22020443 Date posted 09/02/2022 Zip Code H8T 3T2
Primary Job Posting Location:Lachine, Quebec Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Building and Systems Engineering department is responsible for designing, constructing, and maintaining package handling equipment and UPS facilities across Canada. The incumbent will receive training through both classroom instructions and on the job assignments.
This position combines the individual’s technical knowledge and analytical skills to support an Automated Sortation System.
As part of the engineering function at UPS, the incumbent may be involved in:
Control Room Responsibilities:
- Monitoring conveyor and system defects using the human machine interface (HMI) application
- Investigating root causes for performance issues using system analysis tools.
- Dispatching of field-support specialists/technicians and maintenance mechanics to resolve system issues
- Communicating with the Buildings and Systems Engineering Supervisor and Operations Management to reduce system defects and equipment downtime
- Reviewing Daily Equipment Condition Reports and dispatching vendors/maintenance mechanics to rectify issues
- Parts ordering and inventory maintenance
- Ensuring system safety
- Troubleshooting, calibrating, analyzing, and adjusting Automated Sortation Systems as necessary to maintain optimal performance
- Responding to calls and breakdowns related to automated system components and expediting their completion
- Proactively identifying equipment causing system defects
- Assisting in daily maintenance and compliance activities
- Routine technical surveys, inspections, and audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science or Technical Diploma in applicable discipline – or working towards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, warehouse setting
- Capable of lifting up to 70lbs unassisted
- Results and detail oriented
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills. Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and elementary diagrams is an asset
- Knowledge of PLC’s and electrical controls is an asset
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is an asset
- Experience with IBM Maximo, Coupa, and Oracle software is an asset
- Articulating-boom lift, scissor lift, and forklift experience is an asset
- Flexibility to accommodate changing shift times
Schedule: Monday – Friday 12:00 PM to 8:30 PM
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.