Automotive SpecialistPermanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R23001199 Date posted 01/23/2023 Zip Code H8T 3H2
Primary Job Posting Location:Lachine, Quebec Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position works with Fleet Managers to provide Automotive data and analyze and implement Automotive processes and procedures. He/She promotes safety and compliance in Automotive facilities. This position follows guidelines outlined in Automotive procedures manuals and environmental manuals to ensure procedures comply with regulatory agency requirements, UPS policies, and required laws. He/She assists the management team in preparing repair orders and contacts vendors for outside services when necessary to obtain proper approval and service. This position verifies outside vendors are in compliance with contract agreements, including maintaining current licensure and insurance.
- Reconciles invoices to ensure funds and payments are allocated appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Assists the management team in monitoring key expense indices (e.g., fuel, replacement parts, tires, labor hours, etc.) to resolve discrepancies, identify & implement cost-saving strategies, and provide feedback to appropriate levels in the organization.
- Conducts price comparisons between vendors to control supply and repair costs.
- Audits fuel and oil system to ensure vehicles receive necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Tracks component failures and replacements to identify and respond to equipment failure trends.
- Performs periodic physical inventory audits to validate inventory status.
- Contacts Feeder or Package Centers to provide updates on developments to ensure that service commitments are met.
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent - Preferred
- Experience with invoice reconciliation - Preferred
- Experience auditing processes - Preferred
Shift: Monday to Friday 11:00 to 19:30
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.