Customer Support SpecialistPermanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R22021863 Date posted 09/14/2022 Zip Code H8T 3T2
Primary Job Posting Location:Lachine, Quebec Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position supports customer accounts in a traditional Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) operations environment. This position analyzes and responds to customers requests, resolves customer issues, conducts research, prepares reports, and identifies account penetration opportunities. This position reviews rates, tracks shipments and orders, prepares reports, and updates customer files and profiles. This position maintains ongoing relationships with customers and assists with customer set ups. This position provides service failure recovery management. This position provides back-up support to customer accounts and provides customer training on SCS systems. This position may require travel to customer locations for business and quality reviews.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- On-boarding/implementing new customers, educating new customers on our products and services
- Assisting customers with claims on damaged/lost shipments
- Communicating the status of ongoing claims to customers
- Monitoring customer activity to ensure positive trending and profitability
- Building/updating/sharing performance reports for key accounts
- Training customers on the claims process and other best practices
- Identifying penetration opportunities, executing sales support, and performing administrative duties whenever necessary.
An ideal candidate:
- Understands how shipping protection works, is aware of our competitors as well as our general position in the market relative to them.
- Can identify and assess our customers’ business needs through various means, such as conducting customer analyses, competitive analyses, and through regular interaction with the customer.
- Has attention to detail and is able to accurately read and interpret financial reporting in order to make recommendations to our customers.
- Has a basic understanding of supply chain concepts, and the ability to identify risks in the supply chain to help our customers mitigate their losses and keep their accounts profitable with us.
- Professional Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Professional Fluency in French (written and spoken)
- Has experience in either customer service or sales
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/financial/logistics related field - Preferred
- Day Shift Schedule Monday to Friday: 8AM to 5PM
- Hybrid working model; work from home some days of the week, presence required in the office at 1221, 32nd avenue, Lachine some days of the week.
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Salary between $51, 750.00 - $54, 984.00 annually based on experience and education
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan, employer contribution up to 6.5%
- Registered Savings Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- 5 discretionary days per year + vacation + floater days available
- Variety of store discounts for our UPSers.
- Career development and progression opportunities across multiple business units and geographies
Competitive Benefits coverage and premium paid by the employer which includes:
- Life Insurance for you and your family
- Variety of specialists: Osteopath, Naturopath, Masseur, Acupuncturist, Speech Therapist, Dietician, Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Psychologist, Social Worker, etc.
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Medical services and supplies such as ambulance, hearing aids, private nurse, orthopedic shoes, etc.
- Vision care including eye exam, glasses or contacts
- Dental including orthodontics services
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability benefits
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.