Customs Brokerage Rep IPermanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R23024071 Date posted 08/21/2023 Zip Code H8T 3H2
Primary Job Posting Location:Lachine, Quebec Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Initial training onsite 1221, 32nd avenue, Lachine, Quebec.
After few months of training this may be eligible to work from home.
Permanent full time, M-F, Day Shift.
Position Title:Customs Brokerage Representative I
To process customs clearance (release) AND/OR confirm declarations for non-complex shipments guided by the CCBS system and personal skills. Position requires the handling of delivery service AND/OR import permits requests if required AND/OR gathering and sending proper documentation to the government
Import operations, Support Services, Consulting, Inbound services, Sales, etc, and all customs clients and partners
Job Key Contributions/Task:
- Data entry (open customers' files, validate information, credit and invoicing)
- Collect supplementary information or documentation from customers, drivers, custom and other offices, etc, when required
- Identify customer profiles discrepancies
- Answer standard questions and requests from customers, drivers, customs and other offices
- Work as team member with other partners: clients, employees, carriers, inbound agents
Job Key Success Factors/Performance Criteria:
- Rapid and efficient support; dossiers in order, productivity in number of files prepared
- Rapid processing time; error free in information processing
- Follow operational guidelines
- Cooperation and assistance with internal team members
- Customer's satisfaction (fast, polite, courteous, no interruption, no delays)
Job Key Competencies
- Technical skills
- Basic knowledge in Customs operations, laws and regulations, and other government departments preferred
- Basic understanding of HS system, CUSMA (Canada, US, Mexico Agreement), and permit process preferred
- Computer skills required
- Interpersonal skills
- Communications (interpersonal); teamwork
- Problem solving; time management
- Professionalism; customer-focused
- Proactive; attention to details
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- High school degree
- Bilingualism required (Quebec only)
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive total compensation package including:
- Retirement savings plan (6.5% employer match contribution)
- UPS Stock Purchase Plan
- Reimbursement of your tuition fees
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- 5 discretionnay days / yearly + Annual Vacation + Statutory Holidays
- Variety of discounts at certain suppliers for our employees, you are eligible as soon as you are hired.
- Development and career progression opportunities.
Competitive benefits coverage and even some premiums paid entirely by the employer which includes:
- Life insurance for you and your family
- Variety of medical specialists cover under our plan
- Emergency travel assistance for you and your family
- Medical services and supplies part of your medical plan
- Vision care, including eye exam, glasses or contact lenses
- Dental services including orthodontics
- Short and long term disability program
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.
You Belong at UPS
We are better together. We are stronger united. We are UPS.Learn More(links to Life At UPS page)
UPS is honoured to earn this prestigious distinction.Read More about Fortune World's Most Admired Companies distinction. (Opens in new window)