Customs Brokerage Representative IPermanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R22011661 Date posted 05/12/2022 Zip Code H8T 3T2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Working from home
Working hours: Monday to Friday: Day Shift - 40 hours per week
Initial training will be held at 1221, 32nd Lachine, Quebec.
- To process customs clearance (release) AND/OR confirm declarations for repetitive and non-complex shipments guided by the CCBS system and personal skills.Client (Internal/External):Import operations, Support Services, Consulting, Inbound services, Sales, etc, and all customs clients and partnersSpecific output or services:
- Customs release AND/OR confirm declarations for repetitive and non-complex shipments using client' profile in CCBS system (creates or modifies line code/classification)
- Handle delivery service AND/OR import permits requests if required AND/OR gather and send proper documentation to the government
Job Key Contributions/Task:
- Data entry (open customers' files, validate information, credit and invoicing)
- Collect supplementary information or documentation from customers, drivers, custom and other offices, etc, when required
- Identify customer profiles discrepancies
- Answer standard questions and requests from customers, drivers, customs and other offices
- Work as team member with other actors: clients, UPS SCS employees, carriers, inbound agents
- 6 months to 2 years of experience
- High school degree
- Bilingualism required - intermediate level (in Quebec Only)
- Basic knowledge in Customs operations, laws and regulations, and other government departments
- Basic understanding of HS system
- Computer skills
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Retirement Saving Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- 5+2 discretionary days per year + annual vacation days
- Variety of store discounts for our Upsers.
- Career development and progression opportunities across multiple business units and geographies
- Competitive Benefits coverage and premium paid partially by the employer which include:
- Life Insurance for you and your family
- Variety of specialists : Osteopath, Naturopath, Masseur, Acupuncturist, Speech Therapist, Dietician, Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Psychologist, Social Worker, etc.
- Emergency Travel Assistance for you and your family
- Medical services and supplies such as ambulance, hearing aids, orthopedic shoes, etc.
- Vision care including eyes exam, glasses or contacts
- Dental Services including orthodontics services
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.