Customs Brokerage Representative IIIPermanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R22019637 Date posted 08/23/2022 Zip Code H8T 3T2
Primary Job Posting Location:Lachine, Quebec Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm.
Salary starting from $18.60 per hour (flexible depending on experience and qualifications)
This position demonstrates advanced knowledge of entry writing. He/She classifies according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedules (HTS), participates in government agencies clearances (PGA), Code of Regulations, and Customs regulations.
- Prepares customs entries and forwards freight to designated locations including interface with international and domestic carriers, overseas offices, and importers.
- Prepares customs entries and follows-up with the clearance process on all entries prepared.
- Communicates documentation discrepancies to client and supervisor.
- Coordinates freight delivery to designated locations.
- Resolves finance and accounting reconciliation exchange issues.
- Scans entries into the imaging system meeting allotted and sensitive time requirements.
- Prepares reports/presentations and analysis using various software packages and databases.
- Follows up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
- Establishes and maintains client relationships.
- Requires a weekend work schedule on a department rotation basis and holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and account requirements.
- High school diploma, GED, or International equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working for a Customs Broker
- Knowledge of customs operations, laws and regulations, and other government departments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Customers Broker License - Preferred
- Accurate and rapid data entry
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Must able to commute to the work location in Bromont, Quebec.
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive total compensation package including:
• Retirement savings plan
• UPS Stock Purchase Plan
• Reimbursement of your tuition fees
• Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
• 5 + 2 discretionary days per year + annual vacation
• Variety of discounts at certain suppliers for our employees, you are eligible as soon as you are hired.
• Development and career progression opportunities across multiple UPS SCS business units and geographies.
Competitive benefits coverage and even some premiums paid entirely by the employer which includes:
• Variety of specialists: Osteopath, Naturopath, Masseur, Acupuncturist, Speech therapist, Dietitian, Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Psychologist, Social worker, etc.
• Emergency travel assistance for you and your family
• Medical services and supplies such as ambulance, hearing aids, orthopedic shoes, etc.
• Vision care, including eye exam, glasses or contact lenses
• Life insurance for you and your family
• Dental services including orthodontics
• Short and long term disability program
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.