P-T Supervisor International (17:00-22:00)Flexible*Permanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R21002083 Date posted 10/12/2022 Zip Code H8T 3T2
Primary Job Posting Location:Lachine, Quebec Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Job Description:Job Summary
This position is responsible for managing UPS Small Package hub and sort activities. He/She is accountable for ensuring packages are sorted accurately and loaded onto appropriate trailers for movement to next location. This position ensures loads are dispatched on time and to the appropriate locations. He/She supervises unloaders, sorters, and part-time supervisors. This position analyzes load forecast volume projections to ensure adequate staffing, and reviews daily operational reports to manage productivity and performance. He/She also collaborates with hub and feeder management to plan peak season and special sort activities. This position meets with union representatives to improve employee relations and minimize issues. He/She also monitors results of tests to ensure compliance with applicable safety regulations and agencies, ensures training documentation complies with requirements, and holds direct reports accountable for on-the-job health and safety.
- Communicates across functions to ensure equipment is serviced.
- Supports staffing and pre-sort plans.
- Ensures packages are sorted correctly.
- Collaborates with feeder and dispatch operations to ensure loads for large accounts are sorted and built according to service agreements.
- Determines employee training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides feedback and support.
- Conducts performance evaluations and resolves individual and group performance issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent - Preferred
- Legal, regulatory, and safety compliance knowledge - Preferred
- Understanding of policies and procedures to situations and operations in a business environment - Preferred
- Manages and uses details, facts, and information to thoroughly and accurately plan and complete work
- Experience managing physical assets (e.g., machinery, vehicles, equipment, supplies) - Preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.