Part-Time Automation Supervisor, Buildings & Systems Engineering Dept.Permanent Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R22000025 Date posted 02/25/2022 Zip Code H8T 3T2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position combines the individual’s technical knowledge and analytical skills to support an Automated Sortation System.
As part of the engineering function at UPS, the incumbent may be involved in:
- Monitoring conveyor and system defects using the human machine interface (HMI) application in the Control Room
- Investigating root causes for performance issues using system analysis tools.
- Dispatching of field-support specialists and maintenance mechanics to resolve system issues
- Communicating with the Buildings and Systems Engineering (BaSE) Specialist/Supervisor and Operations Management to reduce system defects and equipment downtime
- Reviewing Daily Equipment Condition Reports and dispatching vendors/maintenance mechanics to rectify issues
- Initiating calls to UPS Automation support helpdesk for technical assistance during equipment breakdowns and communicating information and/or troubleshooting steps to other BaSE staff or vendors via radio
- Assisting with routine technical surveys, inspections, and audits
- Assisting BaSE specialists, supervisors, and maintenance mechanics with equipment maintenance or repair
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science or Technical Diploma in applicable discipline – or working towards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, warehouse setting
- Capable of lifting up to 70lbs unassisted
- Results and detail oriented
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills. Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Experience with IBM Maximo, Coupa, and Oracle software is an asset
- Flexibility to accommodate changing shift times
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.