PT Local Sort SupervisorPermanent Primary Location: LONDON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R20004088 Date posted 11/20/2020 Zip Code N6N 1B3
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now.Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for.
This position supervises, trains, develops, and holds workgroups responsible for safety, production and attendance. He/She sets and maintains high standards for account productivity, accuracy, customer service, organization, communication, cooperation, and safety. This position provides innovative and effective leadership and cultivates a functional working relationship with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with employees, management, and customers.
- Facilitates training with new and current employees.
- Ensures all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times, operating in full compliance with department, station, corporate and local government requirements.
- Manages department resources to ensure maximum output, accuracy, and efficiency at all times.
- Establishes and promotes a positive, team-oriented work environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual improvement on all levels.
- Implements employee personal development plans as required to ensure the continuing professional growth of department personnel.
- Ensures all department employees receive specific and detailed orientation, skills and safety training, appropriate materials and information, regular evaluations, and pro-active coaching to support their continued development.
- Ensures all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent - Preferred
- Ability to lift 70 lbs./32 kgs.
- Availability to work flexible shift hours, up to 5 days per week
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Management experience - Preferred
- Benefits after 60 working days
- Pension plan
- Employee discounts
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.