Customs Brokerage SupervisorPermanent Primary Location: LONGUEUIL, Quebec - Canada Job ID R23025152 Date posted 08/23/2023 Zip Code J4G 1A1
Primary Job Posting Location:Longueuil, Quebec Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
* The chosen person must be able to travel to our client at their site in the city of Longueuil, Quebec as needed. *
Hybrid work available - Day shift - Permanent full time
Ideal candidate profile;
Bachelor's degree in Transportation Logistics/Business Administration - Preferred.
5+ years of experience in a broker, logistics or freight forwarding - preferred
Solid knowledge of customs and border protection regulations.
Customs Certified Specialist (CCS)
Advanced analytical, verbal/written communication, customer service and time management skills
Good knowledge and use of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This position oversees the processing of documents in accordance with the requirements of customs and other government regulatory agencies. This person manages the workload of the employees under his responsibility, by developing the team's objectives, by implementing and applying policies and procedures, and by training employees on compliance with regulations and requirements related by Customs Brokerage rules. This position maintains productivity and the person must be familiar with the changes in the international trade and transportation industry.
Oversees the account management process.
Ensures that the work performed meets the client's standards in relation to their activities in the field of customs brokerage / transport logistics.
Assists in preparing and distributing internal audit reports.
Analyzes data financially related to account management.
Performs and provides advice on complex issues related to account management and their customs brokerage/logistics activities.
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive total compensation package including:
- Retirement savings plan (6.5% employer match contribution)
- UPS Stock Purchase Plan
- Reimbursement of your tuition fees
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- 5 discretionnay days / yearly + Annual Vacation + Statutory Holidays
- Variety of discounts at certain suppliers for our employees, you are eligible as soon as you are hired.
- Development and career progression opportunities.
Competitive benefits coverage and even some premiums paid entirely by the employer which includes:
- Life insurance for you and your family
- Variety of medical specialists cover under our plan
- Emergency travel assistance for you and your family
- Medical services and supplies part of your medical plan
- Vision care, including eye exam, glasses or contact lenses
- Dental services including orthodontics
- Short and long term disability program
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.
You Belong at UPS
We are better together. We are stronger united. We are UPS.Learn More(links to Life At UPS page)
UPS is honoured to earn this prestigious distinction.Read More about Fortune World's Most Admired Companies distinction. (Opens in new window)