PT Air Ramp SupervisorPermanent Primary Location: MIRABEL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, Quebec - Canada Job ID R21008359 Date posted 11/17/2021 Zip Code J7N 1G3
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position supervises, trains, develops, and holds ramp employees responsible for safety, production and attendance. He/She sets and maintains high standards for productivity, accuracy, customer service, organization, communication, cooperation, and safety. This position provides innovative and effective leadership and cultivates a functional working relationship with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
- Ensures all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times, operating in full compliance with department, station, corporate and local government requirements.
- Manages department resources to ensure maximum output, accuracy, and efficiency at all times.
- Establishes and promotes a positive, team-oriented work environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual improvement on all levels.
- Implements employee personal development plans as required to ensure the continuing professional growth of department personnel.
- Ensures all department employees receive specific and detailed orientation, skills and safety training, appropriate materials and information, regular evaluations, and pro-active coaching to support their continued development.
- Ensures all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs./32 kgs.
- Availability to work flexible shift hours, up to 5 days per week
- Meets local age and operations requirements to operate a vehicle
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.