Air Imports AgentLeased Worker Primary Location: MISSISSAUGA, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22016320 Date posted 07/07/2022 Zip Code L5S 1E2
Primary Job Posting Location:Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position communicates with customers, UPS origins, Traffic and Sales groups. He/She is responsible for providing problem resolution, ocean freight rate analysis and tracking/tracing information to the customer.
- Processes international transportation orders and quotes time in transit for services.
- Communicates with internal/external customers on a daily basis via phone, fax, and e-mail.
- Analyzes data and responds to customer communications timely.
- Processes international shipments; ensures specific customer requirements are followed.
- Follows up on requests, reviews rates as needed, tracks and routes shipments and orders, prepares reports and customer set-ups, and updates customer files and profiles.
- Works with customers, suppliers, and various shippers to route, pick-up and/or trace shipments as necessary.
- Resolves problems and maintains ongoing professional relationship with the customer and vendors.
- Obtains proofs of delivery and charges from international agents.
- Maintains quality standards established by UPS Supply Chain Solutions, our customers and vendors.
- Escalates problems and concerns to immediate supervisor or manager.
- Effectively communicates with customers and suppliers as necessary.
- High school diploma, GED or International equivalent
- 2+ years’ customer service experience in a fast-paced ocean freight facility environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision with a high attention to detail
- Strong analytical, oral/written communication, customer service, and time management skills
- Experience in transportation, logistics, and freight forwarding working with Ocean processes
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Typing skills 35-40 wpm - Preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.