Canada District Risk/ Occupational Health ManagerPermanent Primary Location: MISSISSAUGA, Ontario - Canada Job ID R21007031 Date posted 09/09/2021 Zip Code L5S 1E2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
- The Casualty Risk Manager is responsible for managing UPS Casualty Programs consisting of Workers’ Compensation, Auto Liability and General Liability as well as management of UPS’ non-occupational disability benefit claims, requests for medical accommodation and attendance management. This individual helps reduce and control UPS costs by monitoring trends. This individual is responsible for providing occupational illness and injury expertise and guidance, developing and managing wellness strategies, managing vendors, overseeing workplace injury management, overseeing short-term and long-term disability claims and medical accommodations, managing safety excellence programs (IHSA, COR), managing Hearing Conservation Programs and drug/alcohol programs.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in the Occupational Health & Safety Field
- Actuarial Knowledge and the ability to create financial forecasts for Workers’ Compensation (e.g. CNESST,WSIB, etc.)
- Experience with unionized work environments
- Experience in short term and long term disability claims
- Experience in Workers' Compensation claims management
- Experience with medical accommodations
- Experience with attendance management
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.