Customs Representative IIIPermanent Primary Location: MISSISSAUGA, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22013819 Date posted 07/13/2022 Zip Code L5S 1E2
Primary Job Posting Location:Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Working from home
This position demonstrates advanced knowledge of entry writing. He/She classifies according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedules (HTS), participates in government agencies clearances (PGA), Code of Regulations, and Customs regulations.
- Prepares customs entries and forwards freight to designated locations including interface with international and domestic carriers, overseas offices, and importers.
- Prepares customs entries and follows-up with the clearance process on all entries prepared.
- Communicates documentation discrepancies to client and supervisor.
- Coordinates freight delivery to designated locations.
- Resolves finance and accounting reconciliation exchange issues.
- Scans entries into the imaging system meeting allotted and sensitive time requirements.
- Prepares reports/presentations and analysis using various software packages and databases.
- Follows up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
- Establishes and maintains client relationships.
- Requires a weekend work schedule on a department rotation basis and holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and account requirements.
- High school diploma, GED, or International equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working for a Customs Broker
- Knowledge of customs operations, laws and regulations, and other government departments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Customers Broker License - Preferred
- Accurate and rapid data entry
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.