Finance SpecialistPermanent Primary Location: MISSISSAUGA, Ontario - Canada Job ID R21009458 Date posted 12/29/2021 Zip Code L5S 1E2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position helps ensure the company makes sound financial decisions. He/She analyzes and interprets client data or identifies trends used by senior managers to make strategic company decisions. This position works on multiple reports simultaneously, focusing on details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges. He/She collaborates with finance partners across the country to consult on planning and reporting. This position assists others in understanding financial reports, graphs, and charts.
- Researches and interprets financial data to ensure leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help make the best possible decisions.
- Researches requested expenses and project trends for staff, division, business, and center managers to ensure operation within budget guidelines.
- Creates business plans using historical data and forecasts to effectively plan district expenses and statistics.
- Assists in performing variance analysis of actual versus planned data to identify areas where targeted projections are not being obtained.
- Audits areas of concern (e.g., unusual cost, overtime hours, etc.) to ensure proper reporting occurs.
- Gathers and analyzes preliminary data for management team to help determine strategic direction for communicating information to the regions and districts.
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent - Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field - Preferred
- Experience with auditing - Preferred
- Experience demonstrating proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Excel and Access)
- Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (M-F) or 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM (M-F)
- Must be able to travel to 1930 Derry Road if needed in the future
- Ability to work from home 2-3 days per week
Health and safety is our highest priority. UPS Canada is a federally regulated employer. The federal government has announced that it will propose regulations to make vaccination mandatory in all federally regulated workplaces in early 2022 Accordingly, you will be required to be fully vaccinated. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may request an accommodation due to a medical, religious, or other prohibited ground of discrimination as described in the Canadian Human Rights Act.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.