Human Resources AssistantTemporary Primary Location: LACHINE, Quebec - Canada Job ID R21007407 Date posted 09/15/2021 Zip Code H8T 3T2
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS is looking forHuman Resources Assistants (Contract)to be based in theMontreal Hub Facility.
These are contract positions that will end byDecember 31, 2021.
TheHuman Resources (HR) Assistantcollaborates with a variety of management levels on projects that contribute to the success of the team. The HR Assistant uses specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to assist with various projects, presentations, and business improvement opportunities.
Visits to employment partners' sites and career offices of schools and colleges is part of the regular activities of the HR Assistant. Scheduling and joining of recruitment activities like online or in-person job fairs and company presentations is an essential part of the position.
As UPS operates facilities in different cities of the province, the HR Assistant will be required to visit these locations to meet with our employment partners and local UPS teams. UPS operates in Montreal, Blainville and Brossard..
This position reports directly to the Geo Services Supervisor and performs other career related responsibilities as assigned.
LOCATION AND HOURS
- Main Location:1221, 32e Avenue, Lachine, QC H8T 3H2;
- Shift:Monday to Friday (typical business hours);
- Salary:21.99$ per hour;
- Enters data into Human Resources database.
- Composes competent memos to employees to effectively communicate policy and procedural changes;
- Assists in the construction and improvement of company policies and procedures;
- Post job openings using internal and external platforms;
- Reviews resumes in online database to screen qualified individuals for specific open positions;
- Provides effective feedback to the Talent Acquisitions team regarding candidates throughout the recruitment process;
- Assists in recruitment activities and special projects as needed;
- Files documents and answer employees' queries;
- Recent graduate from Human Resources Management program or equivalent is an asset but not a requirement;
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience in an office, administrative or customer service setting;
- Must have a valid Quebec Driver's License;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Exceptional oral, written and interactive communication skills;
- Skilled in effective research tactics with strong organization skills;
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion; maintaining confidentiality of files, personal information, and other matters, as appropriate;
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external customers;
- Knowledge of Federal Labour regulations, the ESA and employment equity regulations is an asset;
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment. We welcome all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our Talent Acquisitions representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.