IE Specialist IPermanent Primary Location: MOUNT HOPE, Ontario - Canada Job ID R22029605 Date posted 01-18-2023 Zip Code L6S 1W0
Primary Job Posting Location:Mount Hope, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The position is responsible for providing support to numerous groups within the IE function and the Gateway Operations. He/She assists in conducting data gathering and analysis to support the work measurement and operational planning activities of the IE Supervisors. This position compiles data, develops reports, conducts periodic audits, and produces forecasts. He/She participates in time study and operational improvement activities.
- Gathers and analyzes data necessary to develop work measurement.
- Maintains data within operating plans to highlight conditions and areas for potential change.
- Verifies the proper application of work measurement to ensure accuracy.
- Conducts audits to identify areas and processes not in compliance with standards.
- Discusses and records non-compliant exceptions.
- Develops action plans and obtains management corrective action commitments.
- Assesses the impact of long- and short-range forecasts on operating plans.
- Responds to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests and utilizes various programs to compile statistical reports.
- Maintains forecasts, operating plans, and tracking spreadsheets for future reference.
- Develops annual staffing/ volume projections based on trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Engineering or related field - Preferred
- Understanding of operational barriers and failures, and identifies/improves designs, methods, processes, and flows through collaboration
- Technical minded with ability to resolve issues related to information systems reporting, report generation and storage, customized reports, and data integration, and writes complex queries and creates databases as needed
- Industrial Engineering experience - Preferred
- Experience using advanced Access and Excel functionalities, (Pivot tables, V-look ups, database creation/maintenance, data mining, etc.) - Preferred
- Availability to work flexible shift hours, including weekends and travel – Preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.