Full Time Automotive Service TechnicianPermanent Primary Location: RICHMOND, British Columbia - Canada Job ID 063064 Date posted 09/02/2020 Zip Code V7B 1M6
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now.Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for.
UPS is currently looking for a Full Time Automotive Technician (Automotive Mechanic) to work in its Vancouver Hub Facility
This is a Full Time Mechanic position located at: 5960 Ferguson Road Richmond BC (YVR)
- Work shift is from 6:00PM to 02:30AM
- Work days are from Monday to Friday
- Schedules are based on operational requirements
- Shift hours may slightly vary and may be subject to change
- Hourly rate with a guaranteed wage progression*
UPS offers a competitive compensation package which includes a guaranteed wage progression, benefit options including health and dental coverage, group insurance plan, paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan and an unlimited opportunity to grow within the company.
All Candidates are required to have the following Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills
- Ability to follow set and standard procedures
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License (Class 5 or Canadian Equivalent)
- Able to operate a Standard Transmission / Manual Transmission Vehicle
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced physically demanding environment
- Must be Bondable.
Candidates are also required to have:
- Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification
- Red Seal Certification
- Experience in Diesel Engines Electrical and Electronic Systems Steering Brakes and Suspensions
- Experience in the maintenance of both Standard and Automatic Transmissions
- Experience in Propane-Fuelled Engines and in Fleet maintenance is an asset but is not mandatory.
UPS Automotive Mechanics are required to complete their daily preventive maintenance service and resolve DVIR concerns on time. They should also have their own set of tools and steel-toed safety shoes.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs
- Ability to drive standard (manual) transmission
- Available to work nights Monday through Friday
- Flexible to work any 4 hour shift between the hours of 18:00 and 02:30
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment and occasionally outdoors
- Possession of essential trade tools and equipment
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.