Senior Customs Brokerage RepPermanent Primary Location: RICHMOND, British Columbia - Canada Job ID R22016655 Date posted 08/03/2022 Zip Code V6W 1G3
Primary Job Posting Location:Richmond, British Columbia Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position uses import/export regulations to classify products and determines elgibility for various regulatory programs involved in international imports and exports. This position serves as a liaison between UPS and government entities, resolving issues related to customs declarations, shipping restrictions, and tax payments.
Shift will be 5pm to 1:30 am Monday to Friday
Working from home. Initial training to be held onsite at 790 Belgrave Way, Delta, BC on the day shift.
Starting salary from $22.61/hourly. 40 hours per week. + Shift Premium $1.50/hour.
Substantiates classification decisions using General Rules of Interpretation (GROI), Explanatory Notes, CROSS (Customs Rulings Online Search System) and other resources.
Engages in Country of Origin verification projects, contact suppliers to obtain correct Country of Origin for customers' products.
Manages and organizes product databases and classification information in Excel and Access.
Enters product classifications and substantiation into proprietary operating system.
Communicates proactively with customers including educating customers on regulatory procedures
Strong knowledge of US Customs and Border Protection Regulations
Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
International Trade, Logistics or Freight Forwarding experience - Preferred
Previous experience with classification and/or FTA determination - Preferred
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive total compensation package including:
• Retirement savings plan
• UPS Stock Purchase Plan
• Reimbursement of your tuition fees
• Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
• 5 discretionary days per year + annual vacation
• Variety of discounts at certain suppliers for our employees, you are eligible as soon as you are hired.
• Development and career progression opportunities across multiple UPS SCS business units and geographies.
Competitive benefits coverage and even some premiums paid entirely by the employer which includes:
• Variety of specialists: Osteopath, Naturopath, Masseur, Acupuncturist, Speech therapist, Dietitian, Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Psychologist, Social worker, etc.
• Emergency travel assistance for you and your family
• Medical services and supplies such as ambulance, hearing aids, orthopedic shoes, etc.
• Vision care, including eye exam, glasses or contact lenses
• Life insurance for you and your family
• Dental services including orthodontics
• Short and long term disability program
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.