Industrial Engineering SpecialistPermanent Primary Location: BURLINGTON, Ontario - Canada Job ID R23004734 Date posted 03/16/2023 Zip Code L7L 0A7
Primary Job Posting Location:Burlington, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS Healthcare Canada is hiring an Industrial Engineering Specialist
UPS Healthcare, a Division of UPS, is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider offering a wide range of specialized Distribution and Transportation services in the healthcare sector.
The Industrial Engineering Specialist drives continuous improvement in all areas of the business. You, as an IE Specialist, will work with multiple departments to develop, implement, and deploy operational processes and best practices in facilities across Canada. You will lead the planning and executing of implementations and initiatives that impact single clients in the warehouse, or an entire warehouse. This position will support the Solutions, Operations, Building & Systems Engineering, and Quality departments in special re-engineering or new projects, as necessary.
An ideal candidate is able to work and engage constructively and effectively with peers, co-workers and cross-functional teams. The candidate should be a driven individual who will search for process improvements, be able to convince stakeholders to adopt the changes, and want to see through development and implementation of their solution. The candidate must demonstrate strategic thinking, attention to detail, and is able to communicate complex ideas to audiences of varying ability. Experience with warehouse processes and systems will be considered an asset, but not required.
UPS Healthcare offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary and pension plan
- Competitive benefits package including vision, dental, and extended healthcare coverage
- Career development and progression opportunities across multiple business units and geographies
- Identify and quantify cost savings / continuous improvement / innovation projects
- Perform financial analysis to assemble business cases, cost justifications and requests for appropriation
- Develop Work Measurement (WMT) standards
- Utilize AutoCAD LT to develop layout designs to optimize for warehouse process efficiency
- Implement Continuous Improvement projects to drive increased profitability
- Identify business needs and pilot new technologies
- Analyze facility capacity and utilization trends for future planning
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed individual with a keen attention to detail
- Strong quantitative and verbal reasoning abilities
- Technical aptitude
- Data management skills including information gathering, research, and analysis
- Independent and able to work with limited supervision and keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of project planning and project management fundamentals
- MS Office suite including: Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Experience with SQL, VBA data language an asset
- Creation and analysis of Estimates and Forecasts
- Motivated to succeed & exceed expectations
- Fundamental understanding of financial statements (P&L)
- Experience with 2D CAD software (AutoCAD LT)
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Engineering Degree from Canadian Accredited Program or international equivalent
- Management Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Other disciplines will be considered
- Work Experience: 0-2 years preferred.
- Logistics / Supply Chain Industry experience preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.